The Giver Chapter 7 Questions And Answers
The Giver Chapter 7 Questions And Answers – 2 Chapter 7 1. Explain how new babies are identified before they are named. Babies are given a number that corresponds to the order in which they were born during the year. This number is preceded by your current age group number.
2. Explain how the elders are determined. The senior is elected every ten years. 3. Summarize the behavioral goals of children and young children. The goal is to conform to their standards of behavior. They must suppress any impulse that might set them apart from the group.
The Giver Chapter 7 Questions And Answers
4. Examine Fiona’s personality and abilities. Fiona is an excellent caring, sensitive, kind and gentle elder. 5. Analyze the number of students assigned to each job in a year, and how this ensures a constant flow of workers to the community. Each year one student is assigned to each position. This guarantees society a constant cycle of workers in each place.
Quiz & Worksheet
6. Explain why it is important for the community to use precise language. It is important to use accurate language throughout the community to keep the language uniform. Precise language eliminates the use of jargon and forces the speaker to examine his thoughts and express them more clearly.
6 7. Explain how Usher was disciplined for using the wrong word for “snack.” Access to whether an appropriate or inappropriate result was received for the misuse of a word. Provide reasons to support your answer. Usher was hitting with the stick of discipline every time he used “smack” for “snack.” The first time the word was used incorrectly, it was lashes on the hands and then it turned into a series of painful lashes on the legs. The punishment could be harsh for such a young boy as it caused Asher to stop talking for a while.
8. What is Asher’s resignation? How does this appointment confirm the commission’s selection of tasks? Asher is assigned the position of Assistant Director of Entertainment. This job seems like a perfect match for Asher’s personality and skills noted by the Elders. 9. Describe what happens when Jonas is waiting to be called on stage. Jonas’s number has been skipped.
10. Explain what Jonas thinks when his number is crossed. Jonas thinks he may have forgotten his number. He feels ashamed, frightened, ashamed, assumes that he has made a mistake and wants to disappear.
I Have Been Assigned A One Page Paper On Lois Lowry’s The Giver. The Prompt Is To Choose A Scene From The Last Few Chapters Of The Book And Describe…
9 Chapter 8 1. Describe the applause when Jonas is finally invited on stage. The applause was scattered rather than enthusiastic. 2. The term “malaise” is often used to describe the feelings of society. Why are citizens uncomfortable? What adjectives could most accurately describe the feelings of a community? You’re not sure what might happen, and many of the community rules and interactions have an ominous tone or feel to them. Other traits may include restlessness, fear, and anxiety.
10 3. Compare how Jonas predicted he would approach the stage with how he actually did. Jonas planned to approach the stage with a confident walk, but he ended up being clumsy and clumsy. 4. Type a description of the receiver. The receiver is with the wise, but apart from them. He is an old man with a beard and pale eyes.
11 5. Explain why the community cannot afford another failure with the recipient in training? The community could not afford to fail the recipient during training because the recipient had a problem that had negative consequences for the community. 6. List the rules that govern the training of the recipient. The rules are that a position cannot be changed once appointed, a person must be alone during their training, which is the most honorable job in society.
7. List and explain the five qualities that a future should have. Intelligence – Outstanding Students Integrity – Follows the rules and willingly accepts discipline Courage – Will experience physical pain and experience things only previous receivers have experienced Wisdom – Ability to make important decisions – Ability to see beyond – Some voice something beyond what exists in society
The Giver Chapter 17 19 Discussion Questions 1. What Was The
8. Explain Jonas’s reaction to seeing what is behind it. Jonas doesn’t think he has the ability to see what’s behind him at first, but when he looks out into the audience, he experiences a flash of something different. 9. Based on what you know about the recipient, you want this designation. Provide reasons to support your answer. (Answers will vary for different students.)
10. How does Jonas feel about becoming an apprentice? When Jonas is chosen to be the recipient during training, he is grateful, proud and scared.
3 Chapter 6 Activities Chapter Discussion/Chapter Question… After the discussion, assign three questions about Chapter 6 within your group. Don’t start with the questions, just ask the questions (5 minutes). Answer Journal Question 4 for Chapter 6: Re-read the paragraph on Paired Pairs (p. 48). Think about your family and the family around you or that you see on TV. Why would society adopt this policy? Do you see any benefit in this policy? Explain why and why not. ** Look at your rubric to see how you would grade this answer.
Ways The Giver Movie Is Different Than The Book
4 Chapter 7 Accuracy of Vocabulary – “Finally, the senior elder praised the hard work of the committee, which has made observations very meticulously throughout the year.” (p. 52) Meticulous: (adjective) paying close attention to or showing minute details; Total and excruciating flour: “Usher nodded and the audience laughed loudly.” (p. 54). Grief: (adjective) to feel, show or express sadness or pity
5 Chapter 7 Activities Make a detailed prediction about what you think will happen next. Use evidence from the text (I think _____ would happen because _____ said/did etc. ______. I see evidence on page ___ to support my prediction. Chapter Discussion/Chapter Question… After the discussion , assign three questions for Chapter 7 to Start answering questions For classes 6 and 7. Discuss the answers as a class, if time allows.
The giver chapter 17 questions and answers, the giver chapter 18 questions and answers, the giver chapter 7 questions and answers, the giver chapter questions and answers pdf, the giver chapter 1 questions and answers, the giver chapter 3 5 questions and answers, the giver chapter 3 questions and answers, the giver chapter 11 questions and answers, the giver chapter 2 questions and answers, the giver chapter 14 questions and answers, the giver chapter 13 questions and answers, the giver discussion questions by chapter